Girls' Basketball Program
The girls’ basketball program at A.W.B.L.A. offers basketball opportunities for girls in grades 4th through 8th .
It is the mission of the A.W. Brown Leadership Academy Girls’ Basketball Program to:
- Become the premier organization for the development of girls’ basketball in the Dallas area.
- Help to develop character, teamwork, and sportsmanship in an enjoyable basketball environment.
- Provide players with knowledge of the game of basketball by instruction and techniques that are designed to improve skills and enable players to compete at a high skill level.
- Develop self-confidence, promote sportsmanship, and teach the value of teamwork.
- Help players to grow both athletically and academically so that they can be better prepared to advance to the next level of their career.
Motto: “Set the Standard, Demand Respect, Win Big!”
· All student athletes participating in the A.W.B.L.A. Girls' Basketball Program will have the opportunity to improve their team and individual basketball skills.
· Team and individual basketball skills will be honed and developed through rigorous practice, self-discipline, and competition
· Sportsmanship and character will be modeled throughout all venues of A. W. Brown Leadership Academy District and the community.
- Goal 1
All student athletes in the A.W.B.L.A Girls' Basketball Program will improve their skills from the beginning of the season to the end of the season through team and individual assessments.
- Goal 2
The coaches will increase the number of girls participating in the regular in- season schedule, as well as off season opportunities in the A.W.B.L.A. Girls' Basketball Program.
- Goal 3
All levels of the A.W. Brown Leadership Academy Girls' Basketball Program will strive for academic success in the classroom through team cumulative grade point averages of 3.5
- Goal 4
Coaches will continually seek ways to evolve, reinvent, and grow in leadership and basketball philosophy.