AWBLA has a school wellness plan that focuses on maintaining high standards of nutrition, health, and physical activity. We are constantly faced with making proper wellness and nutrition choices on a daily basis. Therefore, it is our overall goal to promote student health and wellness by;
- Teaching skills that are needed to adopt healthy eating habits
- Integrating nutrition into the health education and science curriculum.
- Incorporating physical activity into the overall school program
- Providing on-going professional training for related staff
- Ensuring students are provided a clean safe, and orderly eating environment
We realize the health and well-being of children are essential in producing our S.E.E.D.S (Smart, Effective, Efficient, Disciplined, Students).
Quarterly wellness policy meetings are held whereby potential stakeholders are invited to attend.
Ms. Vickie Holmes
Food Services Coordinator