Public Notices/Resources/Useful Links
Texas Education Agency - Special Education
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
Procedural Safeguards - English
Procedural Safeguards - Spanish
ARD Guide - English
ARD Guide - Spanish
Texas Transition and Employment Guide
House Bill 657 puts into law procedures that are currently in place under the Student Success Initiative for the state of Texas as follows:
- HB 657 applies to students receiving special education services.
- When a student is not successful on a state assessment an ARD meeting is required prior to the second test administration.
- The ARD committee will determine if the student has made sufficient progress in the measureable academic goals in the student's IEP.
- The ARD committee will consider the student's progress when determining if additional assessment is required.
- The ARD committee will determine the accelerated instruction necessary to address the student's needs.
Record destruction schedule set by state regulations
Consistent with the notification requirements set forth in federal and state regulations regarding the destruction of confidential records, Special Education records for students withdrawn, dismissed or graduated on or before June 2014 will be destroyed June 14, 2019 (34 CFR 300.624).
If you have any questions about this process or about student specific records, you may contact personnel at AWBLA's Special Education Department at (972) 709-4700.
Parent and Teacher Resources
Region 13/SPED Parent Handbook
Folleto informativo para padres de famila de Region 13/SPED
Navigate Life Texas
Department of Assistive & Rehabilitation Services (DARS)
American Speech-Language Hearing Association
Texas Speech-Language Hearing Association
Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Training
VI - Texas Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
VI - Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired